Saturday, October 10, 2009

I love this idea!

I am a scrapbooker. I love it. I love the smell of all the paper in my favorite scrapbook store that is a good 35 minute drive from my house that I visit often. I could spend hours in there looking at paper, ribbons, and brads. I love taking all those elements along with my pictures and creating scrapbook pages (my works of art.) But the honest truth is I just don't have the time to scrapbook as much as I want. When I was pregnant I used to think of all layouts I would make of my little sweetie, then she got here and I soon learned that some days there was not time for a shower much less a scrapbook session. It has of course gotten easier as she has gotten older but I still find myself stretched for time. I have also wondered what I would do with the books when Reece moved away. Hopefully she would want hers but I would want it as well. Also what happens when we have another child??? How would I do it all? Then I came across this blog post by Danelle Johnson and loved it. I have made photo books before and love them. So, what a great idea. I plan on doing just that. At the end of the year I will make a digital photo book for that year. I can order as many as I want anytime. I love Shutterfly and they are always having some sort of sale. I can do one for however many kidos I have and then when I do have the time and energy to get creative, I can create a little masterpiece of paper and ribbon. This way I always know our lives are being documented. I have already started sorting pictures into month folders and then will download them to my Shutterfly account. I can not wait to start her 2009 book. I will be sure to share it when it is complete.
What do you think about this idea? I would love to know what you do with your photos. I know we all love taking pictures of our little ones.


1 comment:

  1. I find that I don't have a lot of scrapbook time, too. I think that that is a great idea. I did a first year book for Jessica but am still working on a scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete