Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Reece's Gingerbread House

On Sunday my mom and I took Reece to the Austin Children's museum to decorate her first gingerbread house. (Matt was in San Antonio working on a commercial) Reece was not sure what to do at first but after watching me for a few minutes she figured it out and really got into it. I think she ate more candy than she used but we all had a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again with her next year.





Can you believe Christmas is almost here? I really can't. This month has gone by so fast.
Last year we got a pink tree for Reece's room and I love it! I made some ornaments for it this year and added all her "first Christmas" ornaments from last year, including the adorable pink ballet pig from Aunt Lou Lou. We took her to pick out an ornament this year and plan to do that always. I also got her one in Galveston this summer and added it. Matt and I have a tradition of getting an ornament everytime we go on a trip. It started the day after we got engaged. We love to pull them out each year and talk about when we bought them. I am looking at the tree right now and it makes me smile. I have suggested we leave it up all year so we can enjoy it but Matt is not sold on the idea. Honestly, if we did there would not be enough room for all Reece's toys. I am embarrassed to say that we went overboard this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment