Saturday, November 21, 2009

All Girl & Mommy Lesson 405

It is very quiet in my house right now. Matt is out watching the UT game and Reece is asleep. So, I thought it was a good time to blog!

I am not one of those girls that have always thought about having kids. I guess I always just assumed I would have some one day and did not really think about it. I know some girls (and maybe guys, I don't know) have names picked out when they are 11. They meet a guy and think "hmm would he make a good father?" I didn't think about that. I just kind of let life happen. The one thing I will say is that when I did picture myself with a kid.... it was always a girl. And of course when I got pregnant I wanted a girl. We never picked out a boy nursery or never really picked out a boy name. It was pretty much all girl the whole time. And God blessed us with a healthy wonderful girl.... Why did I want a girl so badly, you might ask......

All the cute clothes! Isn't she adorable. I have been looking all fall for the perfect denim skirt and boots. Today I found them both. We did a lot of shopping today and when we got home Reece let me play dress up with my little doll. I love my little girl. (sidenote: If God had given me a boy instead I would love him just as much as I do Reece. He just wouldn't have been happy with me when I put him in a pink tutu for his Nutcracker debut.)

Matt and I also learned a lesson today..... when the build a bear tag says "surface wash only" it means surface wash only! Back in July when we were on vacation Reece built a tiger at the Build A Bear Workshop in the Rain Forest Cafe. She loves this thing. You have all seem him in pictures. She really helped build him....



Well, Galvy was dirty after not being washed since he was made in July and I threw him in the washing machine and never thought about him again until Matt was in the laundry room and called me over. The part where the BAB people sew them up after he was stuffed came apart and Galvy lost some stuffing. Not too much. It could have been worse- way worse. We were very lucky. At this point we read the tag and decided to follow the instructions... which led to another problem How exactly do you "hang dry" a stuffed animal?


Need I say more? After he finishes drying I am going to stitch him up and he will be good as new!

Sidenote: I just saw a Macy's commercial and apparently they have mail boxes in their stores and for every letter to Santa dropped in that box, they donate a dollar to the Make a Wish Foundation. Start writing those letters people!

Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment