Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Book Review - Spoiler Alert

I just finished reading "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult and I have to say that it is not at all what I expected. It is definitely a page turner that hooks you from the very beginning and begs you not to put it down. However, that is the only good thing about the book. I have read sad books before but for some reason this one just got to me. Maybe it is because I am a new mom with a little girl, I am not sure but it really bothered me. I was very torn while reading and often related with the mother. What would I do in a situation like that? I pray that I never find out. I had a good cry last night after I finished reading it and went to bed with a very sick feeling in my stomach. It is not just that it obviously has a sad ending---- I think that what got me the most is that the author is a mom herself and I just can not understand how a mother can write a book like that. Part of me is a little mad at her.

On a completely different note--- if you are wondering where the Tuesday Treat is, come back later tonight (hopefully) I hope to post that tonight. I spent too much time last night finishing the book to do anything else. I also hope to make more jam tonight and start packing for our trip. We will see how much I get done. I am not Super Mom after all (I just think I am)


No comments:

Post a Comment